Friday, February 16, 2007

World on Fire


World on Fire, originally uploaded by Maltphoto.

This was taken from the West Oakland BART platform. I had been trying to get there at sunset for a few weeks now, but it seemed it just wasn't going to happen. I'd either get there too late, or it would be raining, or it the sunset just wasn't that good. I finally lucked out last night with both my timing and getting a decent quality sunset. I took over 50 shots, whittled it down to about 25, and have maybe half a dozen standouts. This, in my opinion, was the best of the night.

I never realized how much the Image Stabilization in my Canon 28-135mm really helped. The 75-300mmm I used to take this really showed that I could never ever be a surgeon. I used the wall to brace myself, even rested the camera on it a couple times. Eventually, I ended up switching to Shutter Priority mode, and took shot shots at 1/200 sec. It seems to have worked out for this one, though the others weren't nearly as good.

No comments: