Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2009 Challenge: 20/365 - Flag


2009 Challenge: 20/365 - Flag, originally uploaded by Maltphoto.

Part of the 2009 Photochallenge. Today's theme was flag. I had wanted to do something really creative for today's challenge. Unfortunately, despite the myriad of flags at the civic center, I had a photoblock and couldn't come up with anything terrifically inspired. So I did the next best thing. I used Lightroom to take a decent shot and make it a little different. I think this stands out much more than the original photo.

The process I used is documented here, courtesy of Kelley Ann Martin. In a nutshell I did this using the adjustment brush to desaturate the image, then erased the portion of the mask where I wanted the color to show. I finished this off in Photoshop Elements, using Noise Ninja to clean up the image a little and apply some final sharpening.

No comments: